bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What would you say is the best way to get a self published book popularized without making a blog? I feel like a new blog would be too hard to gain attention to because for me I don’t - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I’ve thought about this a lot. I’ve read about this a lot as well. I’m in the same boat as you- ‘Yes’ to writing a successful and popular book. ‘No’ to blogging. The answer? Social media.
Find an outlet that you like (I like Pinterest and Tumblr, you might like Facebook or Twitter...whatever), and spend time on it. Don’t push your book (ex: Buy my book). Nobody likes that, and the chances they will buy your book are slim. Instead be a voice on that platform, like what I’m doing right now. I’m answering your question, I’m adding my voice to this platform.
So let’s say you like Instagram, how about taking pictures of your current reads? Maybe give a mini review, post pics of anything literary (ex. vintage pics of celebs reading or writing), have fun with the platform. Take your time. Earn your potential readers trust. Then once your book comes out, give it a little shout-out like, “so excited! My book is finally out!! Ahh!” Link the book, if you can hyper-link it within a key word like “book” and leave it at that. This is what they call “pull marketing” you are teasing possible buyers to take a further look (the link). I hope this helps and Good luck!

More on the topic of the Author Platform: www.pinterest.com/zooey81/writing-platform

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Carla500

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best