bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : I say it depends on the type of boobplate. As @Alexander mentioned in his comment, Greek armour was anatomically correct. If the boobplate offers protection to the whole torso, then I see - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I say it depends on the type of boobplate.

As @Alexander mentioned in his comment, Greek armour was anatomically correct. If the boobplate offers protection to the whole torso, then I see no problem with it. You can even have the boobplate be extra-sexualised (super-hero films often have the uniforms carry a perfect six-pack and I remember Hugh Jackman mentioning they had something extra in their pants to make the guys look bigger and, therefore, more virile and powerful).

On the other hand, if the boobplate is nothing more than a bikini armour... I love fantasy and I've read tons of it when I was younger. By now, I know that if the writer goes for that cliché, it's probably not worth my time because it is always hand in hand with more cliches of the same caliber.

What is even more depressing is that the bikini-armour warrior is often inserted as a way to attract female readers/viewers when, as far as I know, it has the opposite effect (at least on the female fantasy fans I know) because its real aim is obviously eye-candy for men.

I would, however, love to see sexualised armour as @a4android suggested. If sexualisation has an in-story function, then it stops being pointless eye-candy and it becomes worthwhile.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Rivera824

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best