bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to make a repeating plot "slice" not annoying In my fantasy novels, I don't want to kill anyone off, I just want to get them injured, like badly. I made up numerous believable excuses - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Think of the character Wolverine - one of the most popular characters in the X-men series. He gets injured a heck of a lot, and yet doesn't die. People never seem to get bored of him.

Why does Wolverine have such a hold on the heart? I think it's because of his humanity. He has a feral side, and he has done some bad things. But he has a side of him that's always trying supress those negative aspects. He never seems to stop trying to be good.

It's characters like this that can be injured and recover time after time and still keep the reader on their side. They have such a depth of character and goodness that readers will find themselves rooting for them and wishing for them to recover.

If you can build these kinds of qualities into your characters, then you will be able to do what you wish with them without your readers getting tired or annoyed.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sent2472441

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best