bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Is it appropriate to use an emoticon in reminder email to a potential employer? A potential employer promised me a response but hasn't sent one yet, and I'd like to follow up by email. It's - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

A potential employer promised me a response but hasn't sent one yet, and I'd like to follow up by email. It's a potential job opportunity, and it'd be detrimental to sound too hasty or pushy.
I was thinking of something like:

Good morning,
I was wondering if you had a chance to consider my resume.
I've also attached my cover letter with this email :)
Please let me know if there's anything else required from my end.
Kind regards,

I know it's not necessary, but I'm wondering how functional the smiley would be. I'm just trying to make this sound as friendly and neutral as possible and not too pushy.
Does using a smiley in this context help or hurt, or does it not matter?

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Ann1701686

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

I was a division manager of a public company, at one point in my life (for four years). Not all managers are the same, But for me: Skip the emoji, just tell the truth and ask for a decision.

Dear Sir,
We discussed a job last xxxx and I left my resume with you.
I know you were in the middle of renovations, So there would be some delay. I am hoping you have had a chance since then to review my resume, and can let me know if I am a good fit, or if I should pursue other opportunities. I am still interested in joining the team.
Thanks in advance for your attention,
legoMyEgo

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

emoting is not recommended unless you are describing your excitement for the prospect. It's considered respectful to follow up after a week and let them know you are still interested. Good job seekers don't stop until they get a "no".

Load Full (0)