bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Everything I write ends up being a rhyming poem, or lyrics maybe I have been writing for awhile and decided to write a memoir, except I can’t seem to write anything but poetry. However, - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I'm voting up @ChrisSunami 's answer but also want to mention two sites that you might find helpful. I'm not associated with either except as a user, but I tend to mention them a lot.
Duotrope is a great site for finding markets where you can submit your work. You can search on genre (such as narrative poetry) and other criteria.
Scribophile is a great site for getting useful feedback for your poems (the only caveat is that you have to critique other people's work to get points to post your own stuff). They also have forums.
One of the benefits of Scribophile is that it is a members-only view for your work, so most journals will not consider anything posted there as previously published. Posting a poem to a more open site will likely make your poem ineligible for getting published elsewhere, if that is a concern.
The biggest thing is to find feedback from folks you can trust. Most poets need to go beyond that purging on paper and edit their work. That can make all the difference. Good luck!

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Margaret427

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best