bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Software recommendations for magazine layout? I use Word now but I would like to find a better software for laying out a magazine. In this magazine, I would like to create columns (2 or 3 - selfpublishingguru.com

10.04% popularity

I use Word now but I would like to find a better software for laying out a magazine.

In this magazine, I would like to create columns (2 or 3 depending on the page), insert image on 1, 2 or 3 columns (like in a newspaper), independent frames on 1, 2 or 3 columns with text inside, a header and a footer different for the left or right page, etc.

Load Full (4)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Nimeshi163

4 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Try Xiosis Scribe. It has a free form layout which allows you to drag and re size paragraphs as you like. In addition to all the usual formatting features, it also keeps content separate from layout so your formatting won't affect the text.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

And i would suggest Corel Draw. It helps really!

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

Adobe InDesign or QuarkXPress. These are desktop publishing programs, which are designed to do exactly what you want to do (among many other things): lay out printed pieces like a magazine.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

If you are looking for software to use for making a magazine, I would recommend Scribus. It is open source desktop publishing software that is free. I haven't used it myself, but I know a couple of people who use it for a newsletter, and they really like it.

Load Full (0)