bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Am I being too descriptive? Each and every time I read my stories to people, only one comment is usually made, albeit in different ways... I'm just not sure if they're being honest, or if - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Reading between the lines of these comments, I'd say description is NOT what you should be worried about. If everyone likes your descriptions, that's a good thing. However, it may be a subtle hint that the rest of your writing isn't up to the same standard. And the comment about your "switch" in styles may mean that you aren't integrating your descriptions with your dialogue, but just presenting a big block of first one, then the other.

Everyone has strengths and weaknesses as a writer. Descriptions are not a natural strength of mine, so I've worked a lot to improve them. Your weakness might be plot or dialogue. It also sounds like you need to do more at weaving description, action and dialogue together. The trick is to capitalize on your strengths and to remedy your weaknesses.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Moriarity138

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best