bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How can I manage screen shots and other graphics for maintenance? Our ~1500-page documentation set contains numerous screen shots and related graphics (schematics, flow diagrams, etc). Sometimes - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Since this is deemed on topic, I'll give my recommendation as a proper answer.

Rather than recommend other tools, judging by your setup (Paintshop Pro, Windows XP or Windows 7), the easiest method is to use these existing tools to do what you need:

Use Paintshop Pro to add meta data to your images. You can do this by going to Image > Image Information. I added metadata to the "Description" field for the image. This way you can add words (maybe even develop your own system of tags) that you will use to search for. You could also add other data like who took the screen shot, the date it was last modified etc. If you plan the metadata, you can build a really good system for organising your images.
Once that's done, you can then use Window XP's built in Search to find the file (same should work on Windows 7, too). Simply specify the directory you need, choose "Pictures and Photos" only, and then select "for a phrase or word in a file". Type in the phrase/tag you're looking for, click search, and it should find the image you're looking for.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Rambettina586

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best