bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : I hope this doesn't go astray. I read your question, and then a few answers and the thought occurred to me that you were wondering how to write a female character that avoids your stated - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I hope this doesn't go astray. I read your question, and then a few answers and the thought occurred to me that you were wondering how to write a female character that avoids your stated concern. (That sounds like a platitude, but read it a few times and put the emphasis in different places.)

It struck me that you may be wondering how to write one person that communicates that to everyone/anyone. That may be a tall order.

There are two audiences - us and you. Can you identify what it is for you that communicates "strong", but which you think sabotages that message for others? Apart from this question, you haven't really written anything for us yet, so I expect you're responding to your own limits, rather than ours.

What if you're the one whose writing leads us to say "finally! Someone showed a female character who..."?

I don't mean to dismiss the perspectives others have offered - knowing your audience and how to communicate with them is valuable when you want to communicate with them. I'm just wondering about the source of your concern that you can't write as you want. What if you can? How do you know? Perhaps write some short stories showing some facets so you can hear from your audience?

What if you're good at this, but bad at some other aspect you might better spend your time on? How do you find out?

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Samaraweera193

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best