bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to write a non-fiction book? I've heard that in order to write a non-fiction book I need to write notes and then put them together to make a book, but I'm writing notes from possible - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

It seems to me you need to answer some more basic questions first. What do you want to write about? Why do you want to write about it? Who is your audience, and why will they read your book?

The next step is: how will the book I want to write work? How will it be organised, in order to convey information, keep the reader's attention, etc? What material do I need?

And then, you can start collecting and organising the material--at which point, you may well start taking notes rather than immediately writing a first draft. The notes will be answers to questions such as the above: they will outline the material you will include in the book, record ideas about how to structure this material, plan how to keep the reader engaged, etc.

Sometimes, hurrying on and just writing something can be a useful exercise, and you should definitely do so if you feel like it. However, don't expect a great book to result from this exercise, and be prepared to analyse your initial work honestly in order to learn how to improve on it.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Megan928

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best