bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How can I abbreviate "Equations" and "Recommendations" in a text? When I want to abbreviate the words "Equations" and "Recommendations" in a text, how can I do this? for example - selfpublishingguru.com

10.04% popularity

When I want to abbreviate the words "Equations" and "Recommendations" in a text, how can I do this?

for example

Solving the above eqs. / eq's. is not possible unless by computers.

After discussing on the research results, we are going to present our recomms. / recomm's. .

Questions

1- Which one is correct? eqs. or eq's. ? recomms. or recomm's.?
2- Is there a kind of freedom to abbreviate any word when it is needed? (For example when constructing a PowerPoint presentation, there may not be enough space to type the whole word in a text box and therefore I prefer to use abbreviations).

Load Full (4)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Murray165

4 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

In scientific papers, Eq. is pretty common.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

"Equations" should not be abbreviated unless it is appearing with an equation number, in which case the standard abbreviation styles are "Eq. 3" and "Eqs. 4-6".

I don't think abbreviating "recommendations" would ever be necessary in academic writing.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

For ppt use EQ. and REC. to make them fit.
For formal writing spell them out.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

Typically for any abbreviation or acronym, one should write the full word out the first time, followed by a parenthetical note as to the shortened form you will be doing, then use the shortened form for the remainder.
If it's someone's preferred name, then it would be done between the given name and the surname as it would appear in a legal document.

When we look at the following equations (eq.) we find that eq. 17 does not conform to the pattern...
The Federal Buera of Investigation (FBI) announced that they had arrested the vice President for murder of a giraffe.
A spokes person for Vice President Geoffrey "Giraffe-Killer" Jones said that the Vice President did nothing wrong and that his actions fell within the preview of his duties.

Load Full (0)