bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Proper use of first-last name in a obituary? I have to write my fathers obituary. I am not sure when it is proper to use a full name. We have kids, grand kids, and great grand kids. Are - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

I have to write my fathers obituary. I am not sure when it is proper to use a full name. We have kids, grand kids, and great grand kids. Are there rules or guidelines for using full names and what might they be if so?

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Murray165

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

I don't know what the rules are.

As I remember, I wrote a draft of an obituary for my grandmother that named all her children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren, but I was told to rewrite it to just give the numbers of each.

As an amateur genealogist, I think it would be helpful to future genealogists to name all the surviving members of the family, but I don't know whether the other family members want to pay for the extra words, and I don't know what the usual obituary format is for the specific newspaper or for newspapers in general.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

It is proper to use his full name, including a well-known nickname if he had any, middle names and extensions such as Sr. For example you would get: example Rosemary "Rose" Jean Brimson, Jr.

Load Full (0)