logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : I think that writing --or any form of art --can be a way of working through the chaos of emotions, and other aspects of life. From that point of view, the reason so many great artists

Moriarity138 @Moriarity138

I think that writing --or any form of art --can be a way of working through the chaos of emotions, and other aspects of life. From that point of view, the reason so many great artists have chaotic lives is not because the art bring the chaos, but because it helps with it. The chaos comes first, and the art follows afterwards.

There was a time in my life when I wrote a lot of poetry, some of it that I still consider very good today. It coincided with one of the more unhappy and emotionally volatile times in my life. Now that my life is more stable, I find I never have the urge to write poetry --it seems to be something I don't currently need to do.

I would say that for the great poets, like the ones of which you speak, writing is not opposed to living and feeling. Instead, all three are part of a single fabric. If you don't feel the same urge in your own life right now, it might be that you don't connect your life and your writing the same way, or it might be that you aren't having experiences so intense, at this point, that you need poetry to find your way through them.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme