logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : I want to write a gay sex scene, the characters are both virgins, and I don't know how to do it without looking like a fool. any advice? my name is Christine. I'm writing a book, and I

Moriarity138 @Moriarity138

Posted in: #Book #Erotica #Sex

my name is Christine.
I'm writing a book, and I feel like it would be right to include a sex scene.

both characters are male, and both virgins as well, and I've never written a sex scene nor had sex.

I don't want it to be too detailed, and I prefer no talking, just describing how it was.

I can handle a post-sex scene, I just really need some help; how do I describe the first time? what adjectives should I use?

thank you in advance, Christine.

10.02% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (2) Report

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@Goswami879

Goswami879 @Goswami879

The most important thing is to understand why the sex scene is in your story.

Are you trying to inform the reader about the characters' emotional states? Are the things they do during the scene going to be plot relevant? Are you trying to entertain or titillate the readers?

Once you know what you are trying to accomplish, you can figure out how you will achieve those goals. Choose adjectives and descriptors that will emphasize the mood that you wish to convey, and draw attention to the aspects of the scene that are important.

And if you can't figure out what the scene is adding to your story, maybe you don't need it at all. A fade to black that cuts straight to the pillow talk is perfectly acceptable if that is where the important details of your story are.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

@Rivera824

Rivera824 @Rivera824

Don't worry about seeming foolish, just write a draft of the scene anyway. Share the draft with acquaintances who have had the experience you want to describe, and ask for their advice. Listen closely and make note of phrases and details that make the scene more authentic. Then, rewrite the scene a few times and consider it done. Never disclose your sources.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme