bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : I think @ChrisSunami explains the emotion-writing connection well. There isn't an either or situation. Much of my poetry comes from working through what is going on in my life or in looking - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I think @ChrisSunami explains the emotion-writing connection well. There isn't an either or situation. Much of my poetry comes from working through what is going on in my life or in looking back to that. There are other poems that don't necessarily come from that process or upheaval. Sometimes they are inspired by observing the world around me or trying to understand what someone else is going through. Some poems are more externally focused. It may be that you aren't driven to write about your own stuff at the moment. For myself, I find writing prompts are great for getting me to write. If you are interested in that, do a search on "poetry prompts." During April, which is National Poetry Month, the Poetic Asides column on the Writer's Digest website gives a prompt a day. I find these things can give me inspiration in a direction I wouldn't have thought of otherwise.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Gonzalez219

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best