bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Book recommendation for keeping writing specific / concrete My job requires formal writing, however after self-review, I found that my writing does not have enough substance. This was confirmed - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Adding to the good suggestions mentioned before.
Consider regularly referring to style guide. Microsoft style guide for technical writing is good for formal writing. It has a lot of guidance on cutting out fluff and writing in action-oriented sentences, framed in active voice, and in shorter sentences from readability perspective.

As suggested before, the books are to know the theory and develop a practice over time. For immediate review checks, some tools will come in real handy. Most tools follow the style guides to a reasonable extent. I like Grammarly and Acrolinx but these are paid and costly options. Microsoft Editor comes bundled with a MS Office 365 subscription and is paid too. There are some tools available for Google Docs. And here are some good open-source alternatives if you prefer those: opensource.com/article/20/3/open-source-writing-tools.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Odierno164

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best