bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Will my book have a better chance at being successful if I include more gender diversity in it? My novel so far only contains female main characters. There are some male characters, but they - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I would siggest at least one, but you don't necessarily have to. I personally prefer to read books or watch media that have at least one prominent male character, but not all are like me. (A very large portion of the population is)

If you can, create a male character that fits in the story, and doesn't feel forced. Make him the way that feels natural to you, such as a sexuality, race, age, or persoanlity that feels right. Look at your story. What is it like? What are your characters like? At what point in the story would be a good point to add him? It would be good to also study how men act and behave, if you don't know.

Just make him in a way that is comfortable for you and fits with the story. He's going to connect with more readers (thus making it more accessible to male readers), which is going to be good for your story. Just don't character abuse (neglect the development of the character or neglect the story). Make sure he fits, that he's interesting, and that he has a place in the story. You would rather him be like the cool guy that everyone likes at a party, rather than the awkward one in the corner no one knows who invited.

Good luck on your book by the way!

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kristi637

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best