logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : How does war work? I am currently writing a story about an interstellar war. Here is the general idea: this war is taking place in Jupiter, the largest planet and one of the main areas of

Jessie137 @Jessie137

Posted in: #Fantasy #Fiction #Research

I am currently writing a story about an interstellar war.
Here is the general idea:

this war is taking place in Jupiter, the largest planet and one of the main areas of conflict
everyone in this universe takes the form of a human, but they do have superpowers, depending on where they originate (for example, one of my characters are from Mercury and he has fire powers).
The main cause of this war is that there are social classes, and they are extremely wealth prioritized. The lower classes decided to rebel against that.
-This war has been going on for decades, and the current soldiers(for lack of better term... they’re drafting from 15-20 y/o) don’t exactly know what they’re fighting for anymore.

How does war work? (I couldn’t find anything on the internet??) Do they march in lines and shoot? Do they have resting periods? If so, how does each side know that they are on break? Any info regarding war strategy will be incredibly helpful, because I honestly have no idea how any of this works.

10.01% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (1) Report

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@Correia211

Correia211 @Correia211

The question is, why do wars occur? Some would say that we as a species are inherently violent and have no choice but to fight. Some would say that the motivation is economic and that war is a way to obtain resources (land, gold, slaves, etc) that is easier than through peaceful means. Some would say that war springs from intellectual, philosophical and religious differences; might makes right and all that. The list goes on.
You propose to have an interstellar war. The questions that you must answer must include (but are not limited to):

Who is fighting? Are they all humans? Is one side populated by
aliens? Perhaps both sides?
Why are they fighting? See the introductory comments above.
What are the logistics of the situation? How do the mechanisms of
war get to the battlefield? How expensive is it to move these
mechanisms and support them throughout the continuing conflict? What
impact do these expenses have on the civilian population (presuming
that such a concept makes sense)?
How does the conflict end? Perhaps, the money runs out. Perhaps, one
side is exterminated. Perhaps, adult leadership shows up and boxes
ears. Perhaps, ...
What does the winner (presuming that winning is possible) get from
the victory?

War of any kind is a HUGE subject. I find it difficult to believe that you could find nothing about war on the internet. An interstellar war takes it up several more levels. The comments and questions that I listed above are just the merest beginnings of what you must think about before you write about such things.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme