bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How can I overcome that paralyzing fear that my writing isn’t good enough I've written a large section of my book. The questions that keep haunting me are: Is this story unique? Will people - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Author critique groups are valuable. I have hosted one for years. Hearing what other writers have to say about your writing is useful because writers, in my experience, tend to be able to give a little more explanation of the reasons for their opinions than readers at large can. And certainly don't limit yourself to feedback from other writers. Consider anyone you think can be thoughtful.
Feedback from others is helpful, but don't be a slave to it. When someone objects to something you wrote, do your best to figure out the "real" objection. If someone disagrees about a character you killed, for example, it may be a sign that you didn't communicate what you meant to through the death but that the death itself was still the right choice. And always remember that criticisms of your writing are not criticisms of you personally.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Turnbaugh521

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best