logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Is frequent releasing of new books a good alternative to doing promotions? Is it true that releasing several well-written books consecutively/frequently will lead to sales without any need to do

Margaret427 @Margaret427

Posted in: #Marketing #SelfPublishing

Is it true that releasing several well-written books consecutively/frequently will lead to sales without any need to do promotions?
I have heard some indie-publishing authors/pundits say that a better (or alternative) way to push your books and have high sales is simply by releasing books frequently, and promotion is thus unnecessary. One particular strong advocate of this notion is an author called Dean W. Smith. In fact, he claims that the need for marketing/promotions is "a myth," and that all you have do is write and publish frequently and your books will promote themselves as people find them.
I would like to know if this is true, because I notice that the man has never provided any actual evidence to support his assertion. Does merely writing and releasing (good) books frequently work? And if so, why would that be? As i understand it, when a book is published on Amazon by an unknown author without doing any promotion of it, it merely sits there and sinks into the ocean and it will never get sold. Why would it make any difference if you add more books in the same way? Wouldn't they all just sink into the abyss?
Or perhaps what they mean is that doing so simply increases your odds of one of your books being accidentally seen by a customer (just like buying many lottery tickets increases your chances at winning a lottery). Is that simply what they mean? Because they never actually elaborate on how exactly they are claiming it works.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme