bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Typing correctness - minimising errors such as DOuble capitals I've been doing a lot of technical writing work lately, and would like to increase my writing speed by minimising errors. One error - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I've been doing a lot of technical writing work lately, and would like to increase my writing speed by minimising errors. One error that I tend to repeat is capitalising the first two letters of a word instead of just the first letter - especially when I'm typing quickly (transcribing text from a screenshot etc).
I use the Colemak keyboard layout, am fluent at touch typing, and usually use the left shift key for capitalising. I'm writing mostly in HelpSmith, which doesn't have autocorrection features - and I prefer manually fixing my errors than having a program autocorrect in case it misunderstands what I'm writing.
Can you recommend typing techniques that can help reduce my error rate?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Caterina108

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

It helps to evade using the shift key with the hand you'd type the character with. There are two shift keys for a reason. Using the shift key with the same hand results in errors as such, for me at least, and it's even worse on a membrane keyboard, which is not really comfortable to type on. Try using both shift keys and be aware of the start of any sentence so you can avoid the error; but if you're still uncomfortable, try a different keyboard.

Load Full (0)