logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Writing for 2-3 different audiences at the same time - Approach? For a non-fiction book ... Inside every chapter, I need to address 3 separate "audiences" (sort of)... and I am having

Harper186 @Harper186

Posted in: #Organization #Technique

For a non-fiction book ... Inside every chapter, I need to address 3 separate "audiences" (sort of)... and I am having trouble organizing this in a way that makes sense.
Here's an example : Let's say I was writing a book about providing (and receiving) the best cancer treatment in the 21st century. So I need to write for a) patients, b) doctors (and its important that they understand each other's issues and then c) for hospitals - that deal with many patients and doctors and broader issues. So in each chapter/topic, I need to write 3 separate sections.
Well this approach is vexing. Now then - putting aside the knee jerk advice about either writing 3 different books, or just writing to one audience - what would be some approaches to organizing the book, each chapter, so this works for the 3 audiences?
Right now, I just introduce the chapter subject, and then break it up into 3 sections for the same topic- but for each of the 3 "audiences". It feels a little clunky, so I am looking for alternative techniques.
Ideas? Suggestions?

10.01% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (1) Report

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@Ravi5107385

Ravi5107385 @Ravi5107385

I think your best bet will be to write the book explaining the commonalities (i.e., best practices), with callouts for the audience segment-specific info.
That way, you're writing just ONE book, but presenting additional and different layers of interest.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme