bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How can I find a good idea for a dragon-battle scene? First of all, hello! I really, really, really do want to have an answer for my question. I’ve been writing a novel about dragons, but - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Write whatever is on your mind. A random idea, a picture, a phrase, a piece of dialogue, and object, whatever.
I personally am writing a fantasy series, and when I get stuck, I write whatever I think about.
For example, I’m my first book, the queens curse, my main character and two of her friends are captured by fairies. They all feel very stupid, because, well, they’re fairies. The leader of the fairies pulls out a silver torch, and the main character realizes they were going to be burned alive.
Then I got stuck.
So I thought about how the fairies were all “evil” and wearing black. Then I thought about the elves in my story, how some were willing to help humans, others bent on killing them. Then I thought, shouldn’t it be the same for all creatures?
So I thought about how there should be good fairies too. And then there ended up being this awesome fight scene between good fairies and bad fairies, which to my surprise didn’t sound dumb but actually very cool.
The point of the story is this:
When in doubt, write about the first thing that comes to mind, and you just might end up with an amazing scene.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Annie587

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best