bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Microsoft Word - Citation button greyed-out Not sure if this is the correct site to post this question, but I could not find a better one. I am doing a Pratical Assessment Task for high school, - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

Not sure if this is the correct site to post this question, but I could not find a better one.
I am doing a Pratical Assessment Task for high school, and we have to use citations. I have a problem however, after page 4, I am unable to use citations. The button is greyed-out. Any ideas?
This is my first post on this site, hope the community here is as friendly as StackOverflow.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Annie587

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Welcome to Writing!
I had to do some software sleuthing, and according to this forum post, this problem can happen when you have Microsoft Word version conflicts, i.e. if you ported a new document to an older version of Microsoft Word or vice versa. The citation feature was only added in newer versions of Word.
In order to fix the problem, the poster suggests:

...saving to Word 97–2003 (*.doc) format and then back to *.docx seems to fix the problem. You will have to recreate the Bibliography field, because the *.doc format doesn't support it.

Load Full (0)