bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: As a young author, how do you make people listen? I am an extremely young author. I don’t mean to sound like I’m bragging, but I think I am very good. They say the best readers are - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

This has very little to do with your age. Writers of all ages have similar experiences. The problem is that there is a huge number of people who want to publish books, and a very limited number of books that get published each year. You may be very talented, but it doesn't automatically mean you will be published, whether you are eight or eighty.
I also started writing at your age, and expected to quickly meet with great success. Now, years later, I know that I wasted a lot of time being too focused on getting published. The more important thing is to write a lot, to enjoy the process of writing, and to continually learn to be a better writer.
If you do want to be published immediately, short stories are usually easier to sell at first than books. There are some magazines and contests especially for young writers. You can submit to those. There are also a lot of ways to publish online --through your own blog, for instance, or on a writing platform. You can still keep trying to sell your book at the same time. Make sure your manuscript is free of all errors, and as good as you can possibly make it. Then, learn how to write a "query letter." You can send those to agents and to publishers. If they like the query, it will make them take your submission seriously --no matter what your age.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sarah872

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best