logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Re: Where to go next in the writing process? I'm a new writer, have been working on a novel length piece of work for the past couple of years, and I have always been the kind of person to

XinRu607 @XinRu607

Sounds like you have already have a decent start from your few drafts. From there, I would polish it up and add detail and then call it good.
If I'm understanding the question wrong, sorry but here's the answers to your questions;
The next step should be writing your story, following the plot outline you made and making sure everything flows well. Some things sound good in your head or connected with little dots and line on paper, but once put into words might fall apart. Make sure it all goes well, and you should have a first draft done pretty easily.
As for other planning steps, it seems like you've got most of it down. If you want you can add smaller details but you should be fine.
Your plot outline is perfectly fine how it is. You're the person writing this story, so only you need to understand the plot line.
You should be thinking about your story as a rock. It starts all rough and jagged as your plot outline, then you put it on paper to smooth it out. It doesn't cut your hands a bunch, but still hurts to walk on. You'll do a revision to fix various things, and the rock gets a lot smoother but still irregular. Once you get it fixed up as much as you can, it's nice and smooth but might have few cracks. Beta-readers will smooth out any little cracks you didn't see, and if you decide to send it to an editor they'll take care of whatever's left if they like it.
Good luck!

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme