bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : "The company from Redmond" vs "The Redmond company." I'm writing an article about Microsoft for my tech' analysis website and I got into a stylistic roadblock. Which of the following sentences - selfpublishingguru.com

10.03% popularity

I'm writing an article about Microsoft for my tech' analysis website and I got into a stylistic roadblock.

Which of the following sentences should I use?

As I said before, the company from Redmond is cornered in the mobile space, so they'll need to heavily subsidize their OS in order to convince hardware manufacturers to join their fold.

As I said before, the Redmond company is cornered in the mobile space, so they'll need to heavily subsidize their OS in order to convince hardware manufacturers to join their fold.

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Hamaas631

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

It's "the Redmond-based company." There is no value in making the phrase longer.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

So... provided that the reader has already been informed that they are reading about Microsoft, I prefer the first one (the company from Redmond). It's nearly pejorative or at least tongue-in-cheek, and the phrasing reminds me of The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

The second version (the Redmond company) isn't confusing per se, but it won't scan with the impact of the first version.

Load Full (0)