bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How can a new writer make a realistic estimate of his work rate? This question relates to my earlier question Habits and routines for my first tech writing job which I was told to split into - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Your computing experience is probably the best guide you have. You know from this that a) some part of the translation will be easier than expected; b) some parts will be very tricky. So, ignore the easier parts, estimate how many will be tricky. This you should be able to ascertain from the length and complexity of the material - if you can gauge this. Or can you make a reasonable estimate as to how much is liable to be complex.

Assume you will have to go back to the original translators for these pieces, and that they will take you a long time. In the meantime, you will be able to get on with the rest. So you total time is liable to be defined by these difficult pieces - as per software development.

So I would say, treat it as a software task, like translating user requirements into code applications, and you should get yourself a reasonable idea of whether the estimate is close or not.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sue2132873

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best