bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How do I stick to one story? I have been writing bits and pieces for quite a while now. I just can't ever follow through. I have written tons of poems (close to 50) but the only reason - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

In many respects, you have hit on the core problem of many writers, which is sticking with a task that has become boring ( new work is always far more interesting ). This is a discipline, that you need to develop to become a good writer, because the rework, rewrite, critique process is so important to producing really good material.

Incidentally, I am writing up my PhD thesis ATM, It is tedious, boring work. I have done most of the interesting stuff already, but I need to achieve this document before I can get any credit for that. And re-writing it again and again is hard going, but necessity. Because the end result is not my experimental work, but my written thesis. In the same way with other work, the result is not your brilliant initial idea, it is the slow and careful crafting of that into a work that means other people can get your brilliant idea.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sue2132873

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best