bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How can I get book my non-fiction book reviewed by professional reviewers? I had my book reviewed by people who are interested in the topic of the book. Now interested in reviews by professional - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I have no direct experience in getting professional reviews, but I've been reading about the topic lately. Here's my understanding:

Some major newspapers and magazines do book reviews; most have public submission guidelines. Typically, as described on this page for the New York Times, the submission is expected to be from a publisher a few months before the book is published.

You or a publisher's publicist can also contact book reviewers directly. Jacqueline Deval, in Publicize Your Book, describes such a submission as including either a letter to the reviewer or a press release, and a copy of the book itself.

A third option is to contact someone you think would be interested in your book and ask that person to write a review and submit it to a publication in the same area as the book. (I've been asked to do this, for example.)

My impression is that it's hard to get prominent reviews of a book without doing a lot of legwork, unless you're already well known. But it seems to be doable.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kaufman555

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best