bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How do I quote a graphic novel? I am writing a paper for a Canadian Literature class, and want to quote portions of one of the graphic novels we studied. Do I quote the written portions - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I am writing a paper for a Canadian Literature class, and want to quote portions of one of the graphic novels we studied. Do I quote the written portions as I would any other written work? I am using MLA, so would it be like (Author,Page), like a conventional book? Or are there other conventions for graphic novels that I am not aware of?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Courtney562

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

The MLA has a section on graphic novels. Basically, you cite the source in the same way as a regular non-periodical publication. If it's a single author, yes, you would use (Author, Page) format. See the Purdue OWL online writing lab for details on MLA format. See also this site for specific information on how to form graphic novel citations in your Works Cited Page. As far as I know, you can't peruse the entire MLA manual online for free.

Load Full (0)