bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Looking for sites that describe minimalist writing for technical content I'm looking for a site or sites that describe minimalist writing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimalism_(technical_communication)). - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

I'm looking for a site or sites that describe minimalist writing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimalism_(technical_communication)). The Wikipedia article is so minimalist it doesn't provide such links.

If you employ this technique and can point me to some useful that explain it, I would appreciate it.

thanks,
Linda

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Courtney562

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Here's an example from the Android online documentation:
Making Your App Location-Aware. It's a "training" that leads you through doing a task, but it's not a tutorial since it doesn't show you how to do a particular app.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

I do not employ the technique but here are a few web links that I have found about the use of minimalism in technical writing:

A discussion on the principles of minimalistic writing as described by Carroll everypageispageone.com/2013/07/02/what-is-minimalism/ A brief discussion by IBM: www.ibmpressbooks.com/articles/article.asp?p=1745125&seqNum=5 Using minimalism: www.tcworld.info/rss/article/minimalism-in-documentation/ Brief discussion and bibliography: users.edte.utwente.nl/meij/minimalism.htm Assessment of the minimalist approach to computer user documentation [PDF Document] doc.utwente.nl/26433/1/Meij93assessment.pdf Few more resources here: tc.eserver.org/dir/Articles/Documentation/Technical-Writing/Minimalism Minimalism: Does it work for expert users? tier1.wordpress.com/tag/technical-writing/ The art of saying less: Minimalism www.technicalwritingireland.com/blog/the-art-of-saying-less-minimalism-3/ Why minimalism matters (may not be too relevant) www.publishingsmarter.com/resources/books-and-articles/why-minimalism-matters A course on minimalistic writing: www.stc.org/education/online-education/certificate-courses/item/minimalist-writing

Load Full (0)