bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : What is a "Gather" service for? There is this Gather service in the webz. It's been said that this service is for writers. How exactly can it help me as a writer? Cause I didn't get anything - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

There is this Gather service in the webz. It's been said that this service is for writers. How exactly can it help me as a writer? Cause I didn't get anything meaningful from their "about" page, and I want to gather knowledge from people who've used it.

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Courtney562

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

I went to their about page, and that pointed to socialwrite.gather.com, which says:

Payment
Socialwriters are paid in the following ways:
Per Article: .50- for any articles posted on Gather that receive a minimum of 250 unique page views
AND
Monthly Bonus: -0 based on the popularity of their writing throughout the month
Socialwriter Requirements
Socialwriters must be U.S. residents… Gather recommends Socialwriters write 20 posts per month so they can actively learn the content guidelines and sharpen their writing skills for search engine pick-up. Seventy-five percent of their posts should cover topics in their assigned writing category, twenty-five percent of posts can be in other categories.

Sounds like their writers are supposed to generate SEO-friendly copy (pfui) and in return Gather may pay them. Or maybe not. Depends on how honest their bookkeeping is, and I doubt their contracts include letting writers audit their books.
Given that they don't pay a penny until/unless you break that 250 page view mark, I recommend blogging for yourself instead.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

As far as I can see it's a bit like Suite 101. The site asks you to write short topical pieces that orient to good SEO results and garnishes your article pages with ads. You get a cut of the click-through revenue.

I may be wrong.

Load Full (0)