bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Automated correction of google translated documents We have google translated docs which are almost error free and require only minor (about 10%) corrections, and even these corrections are redundant - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

We have google translated docs which are almost error free and require only minor (about 10%) corrections, and even these corrections are redundant which could be learned by an intelligent machine learning software.

What would be nice is to have low granularity learning system that
can recognize and correct minor in text errors.

Example:

google translated English(with errors):Make sure the road Changes features in
Word/OpenOffice.org is disable

Good English corrected text:Make sure the Track Changes feature in Word/OpenOffice.org
is disabled

So we see corrections in 3 words: road,features,disable

As we see the corrections are trivial, redundant, custom terminology related and easily learnable in our settings. Moreover they are in a relatively unpopular target language. Here I only gave examples in English and not the target language.

Is there a software tool or plugin which would learn and correct these errors utilizing translation memory in the word processor.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Murray831

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

In my opinion as a computer technician, this is impossible at least outside the strictly technical language... And, even so, I don't think it's something you can expect to be error free.

Google translator is far from accurate, at least from what I see when interacting with people that depends on it to speak in English. It can translate something in an understandable way, but never in a perfect way. Specially because there are some localized word usages that won't make sense for a mere translator.

Somethings, at least at this time, will still need to be done by humans.

Sometimes I use Google Translator, since I'm not a native English speaker but never as a tool to translate, just to help me with some words. What I do is to get it's translator and review it, fixing what is not right.

Of course there should be better tools than Google translator, but they will for sure be expansive. Besides, they will never be error free since it's quite hard to make such complex IA algorithm.

At last, but not at least, there are sentences that we - as humans - have a hard time to comprehend in our own languages. Now picture a software dealing with that.

Load Full (0)