bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What is first electronic rights? I am unsure if I adequately understand the concept of first electronic rights. If I post a story on a writers' website for free but also publish it through - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

The Amazon agreement says: "You grant to each Amazon party, throughout the term of this Agreement, a nonexclusive, irrevocable, right and license to distribute Digital Books, directly and through third-party distributors, in all digital formats by all digital distribution means available".

That means you can also distribute your digital book through other media - free or paid - what includes a a free writing website. In legal terms of exclusivity, it won't affect you.

On the other hand. a lot of people will have access to your content freely and may not be willing to pay for it. Of course there are a lot of people who choose such an approach, appealing to those who like the content to buy it or donate money as support.

That will affect you, but not necessarily in a bad way.

It's hard to say if offering the book for free will make you earn or lose money. It depends on a lot of things and, especially for a not well known writer, it may mean profits.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kristi637

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best