bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Of course that depends on the country and internal laws but, since there may have Brazilians and Portuguese writers here, I'll answer based on those countries. I just registered a book with - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Of course that depends on the country and internal laws but, since there may have Brazilians and Portuguese writers here, I'll answer based on those countries.

I just registered a book with IGAC, the institute that handle such requests in Portugal and it required my true name - what makes sense since it has to track who I really am - and my pen name - Eduardo Fernandes - what I think is for public consult of the archives.

If you want to use only the pen name, it's not possible what - in my opinion - makes all the sense since no copyright institute can register a manuscript without proper documentation and, if they have your documentation, even if they would accept your pen name only, they would also have access to your true name. I don't see how it's possible to copyright a manuscript without knowing who - in legal terms - you are.

Of course, you can create your own legal fictional identity - for example a small one man company - and let the cia to have the rights on your work, not you. That would make the YourPenName cia to be displayed as owner, not you. Of course, again, your cia will need to have papers and you would be listed as responsible for it, what would make your true self findable.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kristi637

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best