bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How should I introduce my characters? I'm pretty good at creating compelling characters with decent personalities and motivations. I like the comradery vibe, so they're generally already part of - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I called up the Stack Exchange page just to see if anything had changed.

"Hey, Cline," I called across the room, "check this out."

Cline didn't even pull his nose out of the writing text. "I don't have to. Architect wants to know how to introduce multiple characters, right?" He flipped the back cover closed, and picked up the next book.

"Why don't you stop reading and start writing? And how did you know Architect was asking that?"

"Me to know and you to find out."

"Aww, forget it." He was always ahead of me. I waved a dismissive hand at Cline and turned back to the computer, a mere second before a hand slapped me on the back of the head.

"Cline's always ahead of you."

"Static, cut it out!" I spun around and grabbed his Army surplus shirt by the lapels. "One of these days!"

"Easy, boy," Static said, laughing. "We're all always ahead of you."

"Yeah, well, don't rub it in." I let go of his shirt. "Hey, are we going to Christopher's writing seminar or not?"

"As long as you're driving."

"I always drive!"

"Okay, tell you what I'll do," Static said. "Nathan and Justy are going to walk through that door in about thirty seconds. Bet you Nathan speaks first. If I'm right, you pay for the gas."

"You're on!" I said.

We turned to watch. As predicted, Nathan and Justy walked through the door practically in step with each other, then stopped as if on a drill sergeant's command. They looked the three of us over, then turned to each other with mock disgust and said in perfect unison, "How long have we known these three clowns?"

Static and I groaned. Cline chuckled and just kept reading.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Hamm6328258

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best