bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Can I self-publish on a reputable publishing platform, and how much would it cost? With the barrier to having a publisher sign a new author seemingly high, especially without prior success or - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I suspect the sort of company you are looking for isn't out there, but I will happily retract my answer if someone can point out an example. I would be interested to find out such a company exists.

What you're looking for seems to be along the lines of the standard self-publishing model, but with two caveats:

The ability to attract investors for a book
The ability to get the book into the big chain stores

The problem is that both investors and chain stores want some level of assurance that the book can sell enough to make them money. The author being able to afford a few thousand dollars is not a good indicator that his/her book will be successful. I don't see how a company could attract investors or get books placed in chain stores without a strong editorial process to sift out the books that will sell.

However, if their submission process is just as rigorous as the traditional publishers, why would anyone want to go through it when the traditional publishers offer the same thing for free?

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Tiffany377

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best