bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to start a technical book? Well, I am a experienced software developer and looking at question made by friends that are learning, questions over the internet and StackExchange, I noticed - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

The first step I would always recommend for any writing, but in particular for technical writing is to brainstorm and outline. Start by simply compiling a list of topics that you want to cover. Once you have that list begin putting them in a logical order. When you start putting them in order you will likely identify transition topics and support topics that didn't come to mind while you were brain storming.

I work in a software development shop and as a piece of advice don't assume your readers know certain facts or points. If your intent is to create a beginner's guide make sure you cover the basics. I have troubles with some developers who assume people know some of the basics of programming just because it is so second nature to them (by no means are developers the only people who over look the basics of their expertise).

Good luck.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Megan928

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best