bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : What is the standard editorial timeline for genre fiction novels? I'm signed with a publisher working on my first genre fiction novel. The editor is driving me crazy not getting her work done - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I'm signed with a publisher working on my first genre fiction novel. The editor is driving me crazy not getting her work done and putting the rewrites on me at the last minute up against the deadlines. Is this standard operating procedure in the industry, or should I contact the publisher with my concerns? Is there a normal timeline for how long I have to make the changes she suggests?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Holmes449

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

This all depends on the editor and publisher you are working with. Each team at any publishing house has their own time frame. The amount of time taken should be stated in your contract. An editor should not be taking so much time that you have only a couple of days to finish rewrites. That does not sound professional to me. Sends up a red flag. Did you read up on this company, or at least this editor before signing the contract? The publisher pushing to get your work done before the end of the year for tax write offs doesn't sound right either. A good place to check if someone is on the "writer beware" list is :http://www.sfwa.org/other-resources/for-authors/writer-beware/

A good resource to use for the least chance of finding an editor or publisher that will scam you is www.writersmarket.com You have to pay for a subscription, but it is well worth it.

Load Full (0)