bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Best way to write an article professionally Is there any widely accepted step by step method for writing a creative article in a professional manner. I want to improve my English writing skills - selfpublishingguru.com

10.03% popularity

Is there any widely accepted step by step method for writing a creative article in a professional manner. I want to improve my English writing skills in relation to creative article writing.

I read some related sites like:-

Write Articles

Well-Researched, High Quality Articles

Load Full (3)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Merenda569

3 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

I agree with hildred's answer that a review of the basics is in order here: Sentence structure, grammar, and so on.
There are no standards for general-interest articles, but academic papers do have such standards. Without knowing what, exactly, you want to write, it's hard to give you advice on structure. But I can give a few suggestions that might help you get started.
Read a lot
Since you want to write articles, read a lot of articles of the type you want to produce. You'll get a thought for how people choose to structure them.
Just write
Everyone has thousands of terrible sentences in them. It's in your interest to get them out of you as quickly as possible. (I'm paraphrasing Chuck Jones here.) It's okay to write pages and pages of terrible essays. It's good practice.
Structure
Try ordering your work. Put related points next to each other, try to eliminate redundancies. Adding paragraph breaks helps.
The three paragraph essay is an old format used in schools. It's oversimplified, but a good way to learn to write until you learn on your own. It goes like this:

Introductory paragraph - tell people what the thesis is. (i.e., tell 'em what you're gonna say.)
Your main essay - what you want to say. (This can be more than one paragraph.)
Concluding paragraph

You can also try outlining. For this answer, an outline would look like this:

General thoughts on standards
Read a lot of stuff
Vomit out text, gain experience
Common basic structure devices
Conclusion

Also
Reading the question on this site may also help. A basic book on writing like The Elements of Style might be a good idea. (There are questions about those on this site, and I'd look for something brief.)

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

Writing creatively in a language that is not your native language is extremely difficult. I don't know how authors like Joseph Conrad managed it. My advice is to write first in your native language, then put it through a translation program, then fix the translation. Then reverse the translation, and see if it's close to what you originally said. Also, you will have to change (or eliminate) most idioms you've used, because they are probably different in the two languages.* By doing this process a lot, you may eventually learn to write like a native, without this process.

*(For example, Google Translate faithfully renders "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse" to the literal equivalent in French "Je suis tellement faim que je pourrais manger un cheval," and no Frenchman would understand that. The correct translation is "J'ai faim du loup," which literally means "I have hunger of the wolf.")

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

You probably should join a writers group where you can get reviews and feedback for your writing, and support from other writers. In your question I noticed at least one grammar error in every sentence, so I would recommend reviewing the basics: sentence structure, verbals, and punctuation.

Load Full (0)