bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Best way to write an article professionally Is there any widely accepted step by step method for writing a creative article in a professional manner. I want to improve my English writing skills - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Writing creatively in a language that is not your native language is extremely difficult. I don't know how authors like Joseph Conrad managed it. My advice is to write first in your native language, then put it through a translation program, then fix the translation. Then reverse the translation, and see if it's close to what you originally said. Also, you will have to change (or eliminate) most idioms you've used, because they are probably different in the two languages.* By doing this process a lot, you may eventually learn to write like a native, without this process.

*(For example, Google Translate faithfully renders "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse" to the literal equivalent in French "Je suis tellement faim que je pourrais manger un cheval," and no Frenchman would understand that. The correct translation is "J'ai faim du loup," which literally means "I have hunger of the wolf.")

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @LarsenBagley300

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best