bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Formal video-based creative writing courses Are there any online video courses for creative writing? Preferably free. I'm referring to university-type courses, which are filmed and then published - selfpublishingguru.com

10.03% popularity

Are there any online video courses for creative writing? Preferably free.

I'm referring to university-type courses, which are filmed and then published online. An outstanding example is Brandon Sanderson's courses on YouTube.

There are lots of blog/podcast videos, but they're not well structured. Courses prepared for teaching at a uni level are more helpful.

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sent2472441

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Like Iversity there are other similar websites that offer online courses. One such is Coursera which allows you to take courses (typically University standard) for free. At the time of writing this reply there are no direct courses available on creative writing but there are a few courses that might come in handy. Of course you can always check back to see if something new has come up (the courses keep getting updated).

A typical course usually involves video lectures and then reading materials, powerpoint presentations, and assignments etc. (which are evaluated so you can have feedback coming in).

I remember seeing courses on poetry, writing styles, and other stuff that might come in handy.

Best wishes!

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

I don't know about free ones. Dean Wesley Smith's workshops and lectures have been tremendously helpful for me.

Dean's workshops cost 0 each, and run for six weeks.
Each week, you get about an hour of video instruction,
and a homework assignment that will stretch and challenge you.
You get brief, helpful personal response from Dean about your assignment.
And each week's videos include a brief general discussion of the assignments
(general comments, with nobody's work singled out).
You can find them here: www.deanwesleysmith.com/?page_id=7474
The lectures are mostly each, though a few are .
Several of them are presented by Kristine Kathryn Rusch.
Each lecture consists of about 10 videos, for a total of about 60 to 100 minutes of ideas.
You can find them here: www.deanwesleysmith.com/?page_id=8597

Load Full (0)