bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Which font should I use when I'm writing? I know most people want to see courier, well, at least that is what I think (correct me if I'm wrong.) I would probably never be able to finish - selfpublishingguru.com

10.04% popularity

I know most people want to see courier, well, at least that is what I think (correct me if I'm wrong.)

I would probably never be able to finish a novel or any kind of book for that matter (not skilled enough to try) and my current platform is largely web based. In the world of the online writer, which font would you recommend? The courier font looks a bit, how can I put it, bland?

Before I ramble on into infinity my question boils down to this, which font and sizes should I use when writing with the intent to publish online?

Any input would be highly appreciated and thank you in advance.

Load Full (3)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Shanna875

3 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

The best fonts to use are the ones that are common and easy to read are Calibri (body). No bold, italics, or any other font effects used. Writers choose particular font because it looks good and shows proper standard of writing.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

When I write the book, I pick a font that I find visually pleasing, personally. It can always be changed later before being sent to a publisher. It is best to actually work on it when you like what you are looking at. My current favorite is Calibri (body).

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

As I read the question, I think you mean what font you should use while writing (as opposed to after finishing writing)?

Crimson Text is gorgeous. I'll make you finish your manuscript even if the story is absolute crap:

Load Full (0)