bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Struggling to writing in English I always struggle to write my ideas in English. Structuring my work/idea when it comes to writing leaves me blank. Even when I'm very clear about what I want - selfpublishingguru.com

10.05% popularity

I always struggle to write my ideas in English. Structuring my work/idea when it comes to writing leaves me blank.

Even when I'm very clear about what I want to write, I will still struggle with putting it on a paper. I'm more comfortable when it comes to speak in English and people have mentioned that I have a good command over the language.

I consider at intermediate level.

Is there any online/offline course, book or anything else available? Any technique to follow?

Your help on this will be much appreciated. I want to learn asap as this is affecting my professional life.

Thanks BB

Load Full (5)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Hamm6328258

5 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

If you have ideas and are good at speaking but just hate writing you can always try speech to text software, or record yourself with your phone and then get a transcript or just play it back and manually type it in.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

You should know that most people have trouble putting their ideas on paper – on the first try.

The key to good writing is rewriting. It usually takes more than one attempt to get your writing polished. I imagine this is even more true in a second language, though I'm not fluent enough in any second language to try my hand at writing.

It might be liberating for you to remember that your first draft is a long way away from your final draft. You might be able to get more ideas down in one sitting if you don't worry too much about making it perfect the first time around.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

Is it easier for you to write in another language?

If it is,
consider separating your writing into two steps:

Write first in your favored language to get the ideas written.
Then,
once you've said what you want to say,
translate it into English.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

Writer's block is probably part of it, but another part is just knowing how to make ideas and words flow grammatically. I noticed you had a few minor mistakes in grammar, such as that you should have said, "when it comes to speaking in English," and "I consider myself to be at an intermediate level." (Although I would've said "I think I'm at an..." because it's more casual.)

I think what will help you the most is reading as much as you can. The books don't have to be really hard, just whatever you enjoy, whether that's informational books or works of fiction.

I hope this helps. (:

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

You are facing a normal "writer's block". www.google.com/search?q=writer%27s+block

Load Full (0)