bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Is there an equivalent of ACX for people outside the US and the UK? I was intending to create an audiobook version of my book by recording my own narration, and then upload and distribute - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I was intending to create an audiobook version of my book by recording my own narration, and then upload and distribute it via Amazon's ACX service, which in turn makes the audiobook available on Amazon, iTunes, and Audible.

However, just today I noticed that unlike Amazon's Kindle and CreateSpace (POD) services, ACX publishing is only available for people in the US and UK, and I am in neither. It is not enough to be able to provide an address in either place, there are tax forms that are required which make it more than a simple matter of using a friend's or relative's address.

I would like to make the audiobook version of my book available on Amazon, iTunes, and Audible, ideally by going through a single service. Does such a service exist for those of us not in the US or UK?

I have, of course, done some Google searching, but I am getting a bit lost between services that want to narrate the book for you by connecting you with professional narrators, and publishing services that want to approach the issue of considering representing your audiobook like a traditional publisher. I'm just looking for a way to upload and distribute.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Fox6458700

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

No. There's no equivalent. It is likely that Amazon has exclusive deals with the other dominant players you mention, preventing third parties from doing the same.

Load Full (0)