bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How can I improve my written communication skills the soonest? All. The biggest area I am working right now is to improve my written communications skills. It’s a tough skill to learn but - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Great advice here, I would add a couple of things I learned that really helped me in a course I took recently:

Since most people will read email on a smartphone a good portion of the time. Don't write any more than can fit on one phone screen. If you have to write more, do an attachment, and don't copy long threads, just a word or two in the subject to remind them. Important info doesn't get read or seen.
if they are over 45 use at least 14 pt font.
Limit an email to one point or two. If you have more then write a couple. have mercy on the person you are writing to.
and don't put anything in writing you don't want someone, or anyone to see. In this day and age, anything we put in writing on line can and will end up in front of the wrong eyes. Be safe.

the course was on skillfeed.com by the way and it was great, short, and cheap, especially if on skill feed already. it is called something like "Get more done writing effective emails."

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Ann1701686

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best