bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How To Cite Francis Bacon's Of Simulation and Dissimulation Essay I have to write a paper that defines the word "simulation". As part of my paper, for historical reasons I've decided to use - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I have to write a paper that defines the word "simulation". As part of my paper, for historical reasons I've decided to use a quote from Francis Bacon's Essay Of Simulation and Dissimulation.

The problem I am currently experiencing is I can't figure out how to cite it.

After alot of research I was finally able to figure out the publication date (1597) but I have yet to figure out how it was originally published, which is a problem since MLA has different formats depending on whether the essay was published individually or as part of a collection.

While investigating this problem, I've seen advice that says if you cannot determine which case is true (collection or individually) you can MLA cite it as an essay published in a collection by finding a collection not published by the original author that contains the work (example: Best English Papers of All Time or something of that nature). I was able to find a collection that was created by a person that only contains Francis Bacon essays, however to me citing a collection that was done by someone other than the original author seems rather peculiar.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Deb2945533

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best