bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : As requested, here is a little more insight into Charahub.com. It's a website intended for writers and artists to store and/or share their characters in a central location. Free accounts have - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

As requested, here is a little more insight into Charahub.com. It's a website intended for writers and artists to store and/or share their characters in a central location.

Free accounts have a limit of a hundred characters upon signing up. Additional characters may be earned through referral. You can divide characters into user-created groups.

The profile and question sections have set questions that you can fill out. I believe user-created questions is in development right now.

You expressed some concern over privacy. Charahub sets your character profiles as public by default, but it's easy to change. I tested this specific feature by searching for my characters. I can confirm that it worked as expected. Once set to hidden or private your character profiles are no longer searchable.

Free accounts are able to upload ten images per character, each image with a max image size of 500KB

The panel called 'Links' is a flexible way to create relationships between your characters.

The features you were looking for that are not in Charahub are:

The ability to create new questions and/or categories.
The ability to add videos and/or text files directly into the document.
Any function that relates to third-party writing software, such as Scrivener.
Limitless character creation, the maximum for free accounts is a hundred characters. For gold accounts (/mo) you get 250 characters, 25 images/character with max image size of 1024KB, no adverts, and priority support.

Lastly, this website is in its infancy, so it's not a known quantity. If it works for you, excellent, but definitely take precautions. Back up your work to an offline location.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Harper186

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best