bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How could a criminal forget a crime? I'm toying with a scenario however it's crucial to the plot that the murder doesn't know they're guilty and has to work with their friends to try and - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

“If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination. Once begun upon this downward path, you never know where you are to stop. Many a man has dated his ruin from some murder or other that perhaps he thought little of at the time.”
― Thomas de Quincey

There was a book--the title and author of which I have utterly forgotten--where a ferry captain is involved in smuggling; he is bribed to contrive to bring a van aboard the ship without its going through Customs. Halfway through the voyage (from the Netherlands to the UK, I think), he becomes convinced that the police at the destination have been tipped off. Panicked, he stages a bomb-threat and has his crew push the van off the ship into the North Sea.

Later, he learns that the van's cargo was illegal aliens.

Would something like that do? The person is convinced to commit a crime, but one that he does not realize will lead to a death (a burglary of vital medication or medical equipment perhaps?) At some point, he discovers the connection, which he cannot expose without condemning himself as an accomplice and co-conspirator.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Gonzalez219

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best